Admission essay templates can help you out
Do you have an admissions essay to write? Creating an essay that will help you get into the college or university of your dreams can be a daunting experience. Writing something like this that will change your life is a lot of pressure on a young person. Since your application with basic personal information will be just as technical and uniform as every other applicant, it’s your essay where you have the chance to stand out and grab the school’s attention. That’s why it’s so important to have the best essay for your admission that you can write. Your acceptance into this school is relying on it!
Think about this: if you were the person working for the university and you had to sort through dozens, even hundreds of applications, what would you be looking for? Think of the values and programs the school has, and how you would best fit into their vision of education. Telling the applications gatekeeper exactly what he wants to hear and letting your personality show through your words is what it takes to be accepted.
Should I use a Template for an Admissions Essay?
There are many people on both sides of this fence with equally compelling arguments. Here are some of the pros to using a template for your essay:
- You’ll have the format down for a good essay
- It can serve as your outline, so it will save your time
- A good, solid template can help you stand out from the crowd
- Templates are useful for students who struggle with writing
- It gives you a starting place
Here are some of the cons that some people associate with essay templates:
- They are usually badly written, which will make your essay seem badly written
- A good template is very hard to find and might be plagiarized
- Templates might be used by other students, making your essay not unique
- They can confuse poor writers who are looking for a model to follow
- A bad template will waste your time
You can make your decision based off those arguments. It’s also a good idea to use your own past experience, and to talk to friends. If one of your classmates has had a bad or good experience with a template, ask them about it and then you can make the best decision for you and your admissions essay. Each student is different, and each admission process will be, too.